The mandate of the Fisheries Department Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is to make fish protein available to the masses on sustainable basis. To achieve this goal, the Department has the following main objectives:
- Conservation of Fisheries resources of the province through implementation of Fisheries Ordinance 1961 & Fisheries Rule 1976 & amendment therein.
- Development of Farm Fisheries/training in private sector.
- Introduction of fast growing variety of exotic fishes.
- Research on the ecologic studies of fishes.
- Development of Fisheries Resources for promoting Tourism.
- Replenishment of water bodies through fish seed stocking.